Thursday, October 21, 2010

Scar Me Lord - it's gonna be worth it.

O Lord at what point and time will I not feel this pride and insecurity???

This season of allowing my Jesus permission to dig to "THAT" part of my heart that I have forever nurtured and "spiritually - covered up" is so stinkin painful. Studying the book of Galatians has brought me to this place of saying, enough is enough ! - I no longer choose bondage. I choose freedom!!! Now as lovely as that sounds, the reality is a process that is just about making the consequence of my chooses unbearable. Sure I get it - I see why and that it has to cost me something. It has to be painful. It has to bring me to that place of, I'm no longer breathing. However, today i have breath - which in my perspective is HOPE. Hope is being able to breathe. I feel His love and grace on me assuring me that it's gonna be worth it. His love is so perfect and knowing that this season of breaking me out of my self inflicted prison will leave scars but in those scars will be freedom that will enable me to be more useful for His glory. So this day I pray that when it hurts me, I will praise Him through the emotional pain and know that there is a day coming when I will feel light as a feather with a heart of gladness for having chosen the harder road.
 OOOOOO I wonder if I will look light as a feather tooooo!!!! 

2 comments:

Tina said...

I'm right there with you, Susan. We will get there. We will be what God has always intended.

Much Love

Dena said...

Hey there, far away friend. I just wanted to let you know that God has decided that I needed to blog again. I still see me on your roll call but since I decided to stop, you wouldn't know to recheck. I'm not fighting him on this :) cause you know that does NO GOOD!! Hope you are well. Much love - dena in pgh