Monday, April 4, 2011

Miles for Melanoma

So race day is coming soon May 21st to be exact. Our team leader, Mary - yes you all know Mary she is the one I complain much about with this crazy 5k idea. ANYWAY, most of our team was formed because we are a bunch of old out of shape mommas and this was APPARENTLY a good idea. However, Mary asked if any of us are running in honor of someone. I got this idea that I would put it out there to see if any of you have battled this yucky disease or have known someone who has. I would love to write names on my race day shirt as a small way to honor them all. So please let me know and I will run with my head held high and I will even throw in a cross the finish line victory dance - just wait and see!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie ♥ Great job on your training and upcoming run! You're several steps (or many!) ahead of me!! Cameron's Dad, David Kovacs passed away in '83 of Melanoma cancer...also, was it Linda Mermilloid/Abdulla who had some spots removed?? Better ask before you add her name :) Love ya, Andrea

tmshafer said...

Susan...back in 1999 my Dad died from Melanoma...what a blessing for you to honor others this way! Lord bless your efforts and glorify Himself in you as you run for HIM!!!! Blessings...Traci :)

tmshafer said...

Hi Susan!

Back in 1999 my Dad, Gene, died from Melanoma. What an awesome thing you are doing! May the Lord bless you and He be glorified as you run for Him!!!!
Blessings!
Traci