Monday, January 7, 2008

I have a ringer

so saturday was aaron's first basketball game that he has ever officially played in - so we have been dealing with understanding having a heart of humility and i was just so positive that he wasn't going to be 1/2 as good as he wanted to be or even thought he could be and i really needed wisdom to not baby him and to let him sit with his disappointment - i was secretly happy inside that he was going to learn a very painful lesson - so there we were at this game and there is my son doing a layup - stealing the ball - making shots from everywhere - he has no special sweet spot - it's everywhere - all over the place - some how this boy can ball. Who knew?? let me go on record to officially say it is in his daddy's blood - this he did not get from me - when all was said and done i was so proud of him but mainly because he really seems to have a humble heart about it - so my lesson learned is ????????? yea not sure - just thought i'd post a little about this ringer in my family.

Make sure this day you spend it with our Lord getting to know who He is and not just for your own agenda - always remember God has an amazing agenda of His own if we would but just let Him do what only He can do.......

i was just reviewing my lesson from Esther Chapter 5 for tomorrow nights "k" group and this little thing stuck out to me that i had done before so i'll share -
Esther 5: 14
14 Then Zeresh his wife and all his friends said to him, "Have a gallow fifty cubits high made and in the morning ask the king to have Mordecai hanged on it; then go joyfully with the king to the banquet." And the advice pleased Haman, so he had the gallows made.

Observations: who are we getting our counsel from? If it is not someone with God’s heart this is essentially what it will look like just like htis mess with Hamen and his friends and wife– my super hero friend and I have a little saying “ I’m cosigning your check” or the opposite we are not in agreement – so I’ll ask who is cosigning your check? Application: it all comes down to this people will either give us Godly wisdom that leads to righteousness or natural wisdom which is fuel to satans fire and the same for us to others – be careful what we say and be careful what advice we take. I must say that I am greatly blessed to have a core circle around me that will only have Gods heart in their counsel for me – they are not concerned with making me happy – for me that is a trusted valued friend given by the Lord

No comments: