Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Lighter Side of My resolutions for 2009

So this new year I have made some resolutions like so many others. Here is a picture of one of mine. - NO I am not gonna join this hobbie with my boys. I am gonna let my frustrations go. Find the joy in their obsession. So here are the positives that I will focus on.
- They have this bond that is deep because of this hobby ( I can't even bring myself to call it a sport).
- It gives me alone time and don't we all love having that.
- My son is learning skills that will surely come in handy with the way our country is heading.
- When Bobby and Aaron sit after a long day of paintball and take their guns apart to detail clean them and put them away in a very organized manner, I realize that Aaron is learning some valuable lessons there as well.
- I always new Aaron would be a soldier for the Lord I just never thought it would be molded in this manner.
- Yesterday when this man came walking in our backyard it took Aaron 2 min. to put that gun together and stand to defend me - okay fine it was the Edison man but we didn't know that at the time - I was impressed with his desire to protect me though. I'm sure the man thought we were lunatics and it had nothing to do with the fact that I told him I didn't trust him and anyone could get a vest like that on eBay and that I might need to take his picture and get his drivers license number - poor Bobby he just shook his head - besides this man told me he was coming back with a crane to take this electrical box out of my back yard and replace it. HE WAS A VERY VERY VERY BAD MAN telling me i would have no power for 3-4 hours. Maybe I will let Aaron shoot him ( good idea) - I'll let you know how it goes - what do you think yellow or green paint?
- last but not least this makes my boys happy and why would I want to be a thorn for my husband with this argument - i love him to much

so all this to say with my head held high
YES WE ARE A PAINTBALL FAMILY!!! - clap clap clap calp calp clap calp clap.....

7 comments:

Sheri Nash said...

I was right there with you but it was airsoft guns. We tried to have no guns for the boys when they were little but, well that didn't last very long. Even Breandan plays. I understand the boys love that stuff. So we send them up to the Kovacs' to "shoot each other LOL.

Anonymous said...

That's my Hommie ready to protect his family anyway he can. You rock dude.
Now as for you my sister Your heart is the size of Texas and your love for your family is beyond words.

Susanz Place said...

sheri - yes we started with the airsoft guns that's what they use in the back yard to shoot at each other - i know boys will be boys

aaron has decided to shoot the men with pink he's sure it will be the most humiliating for them to work all day with pink paint on them - just makes a momma proud!

God's Girl said...

HA! This cracks me up!
Good job with the new attitude for 2009! : )

Anonymous said...

Hey my new name for Bobby is, are you ready?

RAMBOO ~ thouhgt you would like it.

Hugs Me

aidenalyssasgrandma said...

I read your first post as I am crying, then reading your next at the same time laughing!! I love that we serve such an awesome
God and you my friend are such a picture of that every day, just as our sweet Donna was..I love you ;-)

Janice

My Blessed Life said...

I am so glad my husband finds no interest in this sport. Football is what bonds this family when it comes to sports.