Thursday, January 29, 2009

who is the help mate?????

I have about 5 or so different post that I have done over the past few weeks but non of them have actually made it on to the blog. They are saved for the time that it will be appropriate to have them be seen. My family is entering into a season that is harder than anything we have ever gone through and after the year i just had that seems doubtful. Well it's true that each trial just prepares us for the next thing we will need to endure. For privacy reason I need to wait a bit to display them.......so this leads me to this post. I read this little devotion this morning and was reproved so much. Now if you know me at all, you know that if I have to hear the truth than I'm gonna pass it on. I'm sure that's one of the things my friends complain most about me - o well ;0)

so this devotion really made me take a look at how often I expect my husband to bail me out of a tough situation with Aaron with schooling. I need my husband to..... and ......and ....... ouch this one hurt. Bobby requires so very little from me and yet somehow I think he is my helpmate. He will be getting a big apology tonight. Yes dont' worry I ask for forgiveness from God first. Please know that I'm not saying that husbands shouldn't do XYandZ but I think we all know when we have crossed the line. Well never mind my input read this for yourself, Just don't throw eggs at me when you're done.

Who is Supposed to Serve?
In the past couple of decades, there’s been a movement challenging men to love and serve their wives. Every woman I know is very encouraged when we see God turning men’s hearts toward the Lord and their families.
We need to remember that God didn’t make men to be helpers to their wives. God made the wife to be a helper to her husband. In today’s evangelical world, it’s “politically correct” to challenge men to go home and serve their wives. It’s not so popular to talk to women about their responsibility to serve their husbands.
If we as women focus on what we think we deserve—what men “ought” to do for us—we’re likely to get hurt and resentful when our expectations aren’t fulfilled.
If your husband’s learning to serve you, that’s great. But remember, you’re never more like Jesus than when you’re serving other people.

2 comments:

God's Girl said...

Awesome devotion! I think it is one that I will need to continue to grow in.

Thanks for sharing!

I said a special prayer for you tonight.

Love you friend.
XOXO

aidenalyssasgrandma said...

Thanks, I needed this right now!!
I think its going all around, these trials, but its nice to know that His mercies are new everyday.

Love you sweetie!!