Saturday, April 4, 2009

Disregard for the Word of God

Exodus 5:1-15

1 Afterward Moses and Aaron went in and told Pharaoh, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel: 'Let My people go, that they may hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.' " 2 And Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the LORD, nor will I let Israel go." 3 So they said, "The God of the Hebrews has met with us. Please, let us go three days' journey into the desert and sacrifice to the LORD our God, lest He fall upon us with pestilence or with the sword." 4 Then the king of Egypt said to them, "Moses and Aaron, why do you take the people from their work? Get back to your labor." 5 And Pharaoh said, "Look, the people of the land are many now, and you make them rest from their labor!" 6 So the same day Pharaoh commanded the taskmasters of the people and their officers, saying, 7 "You shall no longer give the people straw to make brick as before. Let them go and gather straw for themselves. 8 "And you shall lay on them the quota of bricks which they made before. You shall not reduce it. For they are idle; therefore they cry out, saying, 'Let us go and sacrifice to our God.' 9 "Let more work be laid on the men, that they may labor in it, and let them not regard false words."
Observation/Application
Vs.9 let them not regard false words.
Pharaoh is so arrogant he is clearly showing his negative evaluation of the Word of God. Much like today we see that this is all to common. People put themselves in a place of high superiority and disclaim the Word of God all the time. Geez we even make laws that support the lifestyle of daily disregard of the Word of God. I had to stop and think about this more personal and close to home. Do we as a born again christian society, as Leaders in in a church body, do I? Of course we would hastily say no way~ but what about our actions? What about my actions, my life. What would others say of me? What do we think and say of each other? I think about how many times I've listened to a great message. And for me this is all the time as I am greatly blessed to be apart of a church with an exceptional anointed Pastor who is clearly called to teach the Word of God. I listen and am moved to action while listening but how often I have walked away and done nothing with it. Humbly I admit it happens. This is not not a comfortable thought process if we are honest with ourselves. Even as I sit here and write this I feel uncomfortable and slightly irritated wanting to give excuses. So I ask myself what is the root issue here because I could sit here on this and write for hours but really what is going on? How can it be that we as "solid Christian believers" live in a manner like this and have even allowed "THEM" to turn our Country away from God's Word?

Lack of Fear of God .
and we wonder why God is putting His judgment on our Nation, our stability.

2 Chron 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

No comments: