Thursday, November 15, 2007

concerts and God's Word

it's getting harder for me to post these days - all the sudden i 'm feeling a bit to vulnurable - then it dawned on me that this is exactly what the enemy wants me to think because the truth is blogging helps me stay focused on these truths that my God is showing me - you know, they are out there for anyone who may stumble upon it and even though my faithfulness should souly be because of Jesus there is that thing that once you say it out loud (and this is pretty out loud)yikes integrity is really on the line !- so i say thank you Jesus because what ever works in my life to keep me moving forward on His path - so be it
so we seem to be concert goers these days - we as a family went to the mercy me concert a couple weeks ago - aaron's 1st real concert - amazing - we had awesome seats and sang - praised - and worshiped for 2 1/2 hours - this band is probably my favorite band to see in concert - great music and they LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEEEE my Jesus sssssssssooooooooo much. ( if i already posted about this sorry i forgot ) - so now we bought tickets for Jeremy Camp & Toby Mac in concert together - insane - we have front row seats at Gibson Universal Amphitheater - Toby Mac is Aaron and Bobby's favorite - i love him too but definitely going for Jeremy Camp - he is my favorite single artist. One of Aaron's dreams is to ride in a limo - so for his Christmas gift we might get him a limo for the concert - it would be just to much fun to live this night out with that smile that would shirley be plastered on him face. - he's so cute i can here him screaming and laughing now about it - yes he would scream as he thinks he is a christian rock star (that's a post for another day)- so let's get on to some sweet time in God's Word:
Esther 3: 7-9 - from my inductive study - this is the shortened version - be thankful ;0)
7 In the first month, which is the month Nisan, in the twelfth year of King Ahasuerus, Pur , that is the lot, was cast before Haman from day to day and from month to month, until the twelfth month, that is the month Adar. 8 Then Haman said to King Ahasuerus, "There is a certain people scattered and dispersed among the peoples in all the provinces of your kingdom; their laws are different from those of all other people and they do not observe the king's laws, so it is not in the king's interest to let them remain. 9 "If it is pleasing to the king, let it be decreed that they be destroyed, and I will pay ten thousand talents of silver into the hands of those who carry on the king's business, to put into the king's treasuries."
Observations:
God sure did use this lot business – the way they landed this gave Esther plenty of time to do the Lord’s work. (who says God isn't working behind the scenes even in the wicked situations)
Haman is very clever – a smooth talker orchestrating a slaughter house and doing it so that it seems to be honorable –
Rabbit trail: now Haman was quit manipulative the King never really saw his real intent it is most often difficult to really know ones heart intent in situations which is one reason why we need to be asking always for God’s wisdom at all times in all situations:
Wisdom: Ps 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever.

Pr 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction, To discern the sayings of understanding,

Pr 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pr. 2:7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, - – walking in uprightness is walking in the place that honors God – now it is going to look different for each of us according to the things God has shown us - with knowledge comes responsibility – once God has opened our eyes to truth we must walk in it in order to be upright – to have spiritual integrity – other wise we are choosing to live in the verse in Hebrews that says – once you have learned the truth and do not obey there no longer remains a sacrifice for sin – basically you throw a attitude hand up to what our Jesus did on the cross – so with that I know that my desire is to live a life that is has spiritual integrity.
To look at Daniel 6 - to see the integrity that Daniel lived. He was appointed positions because of his integrity - it would not waiver in his beliefs because of his integrity - yes it ultimately got him in the lions den but look at what God did there.
Daniel did not waver his integrity survived
Living a life of integrity cost but the favor of God will rest in your life:

Application: so taking this whole integrity issue and applying it to my life here are some vows for me to take:
1. keep my word
2. always do the harder right over the easier wrong
3. guard my principles
4. do the right thing according to the Word of God

it will cost me - it will not keep me out of the lions den – it could cost me relationships – job – ministry – but to lose because of integrity is to gain for my Jesus

1 comment:

My Blessed Life said...

I love your insight into God's word however I want to hear more about my nephew thinking he is a christian rock star.