Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas "k" group Dinner

Here are a few pix from our Christmas dinner the other night. 29 out of 32 leaders came this year for some yummie food and great fellowship. I love this ministry so much. What we all have together with Koininia group is a gift. For those of you out here in Bloggsville let me describe what exactly we are. Children's Ministry Leadership Team. The one small thing that might be different from some ministry teams is that besides all of our different areas of responsibilities in our Children's Ministry we also come together for spiritual growth and accountability. We study the Word of God together, pray together, worship together and walk a journey of transparency together. Our group meets everyother Tues. night. We believe to be called into the ministry is to be called into a place of living above reproach.Coming along side one another and assuming the good, bad and desperately in need of Jesus areas of one another lives. Encouraging, exhorting and yes at times reproving one another in the grace and love of our Jesus. In having the gift called 'k' group we often form relationships that are so deeply rooted in Jesus that we find ourselves with friendships that are invaluable to the quality of our lives. Yes I get a bit mussy over this ministry team but I love my ministry so much and love these ladies that I am so blessed to serve along side of. Soon it will be time for our Leaders retreat where we go away and hide in a cabin for an entire weekend together ( yes every single one of yes and yes it is a big cabin) to seek God, Worship, Pray, Confess, and fellowship together and last but not least EAT!!!!!!! - so there you have it my version of 'k' group. Enjoy the pictures
Jenn - smelling the center piece - don't ask


Kim and Susan - the 'other susan' - this poor group they have 2 of us and let me tell you the two of us.....well never mind i'll save that for yet another post


Shannon and Nadia - they both work in the preschool dept. and let me tell you these girls are on it!!! I love to watch them serve.


Mary, Danette and Dana - one of these girls just might be my secret sister?????



here's a story for you - Danette is my cousin and i only found out about 12years ago when she started coming to the church - can you see the resemblance? see the color of her hair? it's the same color as my under hair - i'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that steph is our hair person



Lori and Jennifer - they are mostly known as the TASK MASTERS these two women can get the job of 5 of us done in half the time -with out them we would need to be a leadership team of 41 - and they're cute to boot



Linda and stephie g - love them so much - hug hug kiss kiss
these two you want on your side - they always have your spiritual back

Shelley and Heidi 'bug' - our token red heads and I do believe its natural for them both.


Joanne and Lyn - or maybe one of these two is my secret sister? - these two gals are the real deal if you are blessed to know them then you are BLESSED!!!



Jennie and Peggy - now these two are the two quietest gals ever. One of them though has the craziest sense of humor ever and the other the kindest thing ever - can you tell which one?
O GOOD GRIEF THESE TWO ARE TROUBLE!!!!!!

6 comments:

Bunch of Caves said...

Wow you almost had me in tears.
So sweet to think about what we all are for each other.
Love you!

God's Girl said...

Awe... so fun! I'm so glad to read about and see things about Koinonia! So very special!

I sure miss you ladies!!!

Love you much xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time, great friends, good food and a good time all around!

You did a great job describing the ladies... Thanks for the memories...

Love, Hugs and Blessings in Jesus,
The Other Susan

Julie said...

Hey girl. Yes, after much pressure I am finally part of the blog world...and I'm glad. I have been encouraged and blessed by your blog many times. I love your K-group pictures. Aren't you just so thankful the Lord gives us amazing sisters in Christ to walk this journey with. Tammy is one of those dear sisters that I'm very thankful for. Can't wait to see you here in AZ!

Julee Huy said...

You know I'm not kidding when I say I'm a little nervous about joining ya'll... You do look like you had a good time though! :)

Still not sure I'm ready for this! :) :) :)

Linda said...

Love these photos, especially the last one with your curly locks, you gorgeous thing! :-)