Sunday, February 14, 2010

Guess what I got for Valentines?

When Donna passed, I prayed for almost a year that I would have a dream to see her face again. How I longed to look in those eyes and see that smile again. But, no that would never be my dream. I eventually decided to just let it go, trusting my Jesus that he knew best as He has with everything else, so I let that desire go and moved on from those thoughts. But how very odd that I never dreamt of her. Along with those days I often regretted time that I could have spent with her that I chose not to out of pure laziness. Lord was I wrong in not taking every single moment I could have ever spent with her???
So this morning at 3:45am I awoke from the best gift I could have gotten on this Valentine's Day. Dreaming that Donna came back from heaven and we were hanging out in her house like we used to. It was a normal day. When I woke up I was so full of love and thankfulness. The thing that struck me most was that I wasn't doting over her, it was just normal how we always were before. What this gave my heart was no more regrets of if I never spent enough time with her. I felt like the Lord was telling me -' no Susan it was as it should have been and having her back the 2 of you would fall right back into the same perfect way'.
So this day I am thankful that I have finally had a dream about Donna just hanging, laughing, talking, just sitting with her - just being who we always were.
So thank you Jesus for my Valentine's gift.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, now that I'm in tears! What a beautiful gift and it came in God's perfect timing! Love ya girl!

Linda said...

Awww, what a precious gift from our sweet Lord!

I can just picture both Jesus and Donna smiling down on you!