Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

O Jesus may we understand and live love as you so beautifully displayed it on that cross.
"Forgive them for they know not what they do"  - JESUS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing comments that this quote has been misquoted. I haven't done all the research, but you might want to look into it.

Love,
Hannah

Alyssa said...

Amen! Bin Laden's death is bittersweet. Sad that he led a life that killed so many, but sweet that he can no longer take part in it. I felt weird jumping up and down at the news of his death, so I just hung up an American flag.

Susanz Place said...

thanks Hannah if it is misquoted then let me add that it is anonymous because it still smells of a great truth nonetheless.

so if not MLK Jr then the credit goes to Anonymous!!!!! and to you well done.

Anonymous said...

Amazing how one man's death can so radically change the world...but then we celebrated that last week. Yay, Jesus! (credit goes to "anonymous"!!)

Love ya,
Andrea K