Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bye Peggy see you soon sweet friend!

Today I had to say goodbye to one of the great ones, one of the really really great ones. Our faithful, sovereign, good Lord Jesus chose today to call our beloved Peggy Evans, home to Him. To know Peggy, to really know her was to know that you were spoiled to be loved and cared for by an amazing pillar of Gods love, wisdom and great joy. I have been blessed beyond blessed to have shared the past 11 years knowing this gem. To have Peggy mentor me, and care for me over these last 11 years was one of my greatest rewards here on earth. One of the things I love about Peggy is she is one of the funniest women I have ever known. We have laughed many hours together. All the retreats I got to hang out with her, are counted by far my most memorable retreats. Today as I received many phone calls from friends thanking me for sending them to Peggy for her guidance and counsel in the trials of their lives, made me realize what an amazing legacy this gift has left behind. I am a far better women of God today having known, and loved Peggy Evans. I have a million funny Peggy stories and maybe later I will share a few but for now I say goodnight and scream it from the mountain top that this night in heaven the saints are rejoicing a little more than normal because their lives just got better with Peggy in their presence. I love you my friend and yes we will look after Maury.

4 comments:

Julee Huy said...

I was thinking of you today dear friend.

My Blessed Life said...

You and Julee Huy are very blessed women for the time God allowed you to be with her, I am jealous. I am praying for you.

God's Girl said...

It is so hard to believe that she is now in Heaven... in her perfect body (no more bad knees or hips), in the perfect presence of Jesus, reunited with loved ones living there, and living out the moment when her faith becomes sight.

And for all those who have been changed because of her - we say thank you Lord for being poured out through a willing vessle.

And for the many hearts so sad this week, we say Lord, pour Your comfort into our hearts.

I know she heart those precious words - "well done, my good and faithful servant."

God's Girl said...

I am praying for your hurting heart Susan.

Love you!

Please give Maury a huge hug from me.