Friday, May 16, 2008

Consider Prayer - Consider Jesus

so my lack of posting is in fact due once again to the busyness of my life - well maybe more in part to the fact that there is so much going on and i'm not sure what to share - God is moving in such amazing, powerful, yet difficult ways that i haven't known what to share and what is a bit to vulnerable to share - so if you the reader chose to continue reading this post it might be a bit of a scattered mess - as if i'm fooling myself thinking the others haven't been ;0)
let's see, I'll give a small run down:
prayer - have you ever considered or experienced deep serious prayer? at our leaders retreat my Lord ask me if I was really willing to allow Him to take me into battle for the sake of others, in prayer - honestly the answer never came as an 'of course Lord, anything You ask' - you see there was a big price to pay and He showed me a small glimpse of that at retreat - i felt this heaviness and darkness most of the weekend - i spent most of retreat thinking i was in a place of sin, and was constantly in a place of confession before God - well just when i wanted to throw in the towel, He showed me that He was showing me the heaviness of others and to be called to the level of prayer that I was so excited and honored to be apart of , this is what it would look like at times, so that i could see others and enter in to their area of need through intersession prayer. - i never came to a complete place of 'of course Lord'. - fast forward a bit, He brought me into a desperate situation that before I knew it, i was on my knees for about a month or so,fighting the biggest warfare battle in the spirit real with zeal and determination and it really didn't even have anything to do with me - i see now that God needed to see that yes in fact I am willing or more like i needed to see - DUH!! - the powerful things of God i was honored to experience first hand, was a gift, a real gift - then right after that another bigger one hit, taking me deeper and into a level of obedience where i understand what Abraham felt as he thought he might actually have to kill his son - the reward for obedience, there really are not any words right now, except I just Praise My Jesus over and over!!!! - now i find myself in another one -the crazy thing is, this time i have a small thread of unbelief and i honestly should be ashamed to say that, but it is true - - so this helps me segway to another big thing going on, my Hebrew study in 'k' group - timing is everything in Jesus and He sure knew I needed to think and study alot about Him and who He says He is
The book of Hebrews is a letter or a sermon depending on how you look at it, written to the Jews who were considering Christianity in Jesus and those that were struggling with their new faith in Him. There was great persecution to the Jews for choosing Jesus by the other Jews and the Romans. The Christians were anxiously waiting Christ return to establish His Kingdom and they were getting a little antsy ( sound familiar ). They needed to be reassured that Jesus is in fact the Messiah and that following Him was the right way.
This is a Book that will reaffirm the superiority of Christ above all and challenge us to evaluate if this is indeed His place in our lives today not by just words but by deeds. And if not, what is in His place.
The focus here is simply Jesus. If I believe, really believe than so many of my choices, concerns etc... really ought not be apart of my life. The book of Hebrews is making me consider Jesus 1st.
To spare you any more rambling right now, i'll leave it at this right now. so my parting words, even though i have no idea how this post started, i will leave you with this closing comment

consider Jesus 1st ! - no matter what you face consider Jesus!

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

Hi my friend. Don McClure taught at CCS a few weeks ago and he spoke of: in Jesus, nothing moves me! No matter what the circumstances... I am grounded in Him and nothing moves me. If you have an extra few minutes (45) you should listen to it.

I love you my dear friend and I miss you lots.

Thanks for delivering my gifts!!!