Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where there is a lie - there is no God!!!

So since my reprove has been painful lately, you get to share in the potential conviction of it for your own life. O how I love the power of a blog. I get to be completely honest and no one can interrupt me. ;0) - I just gave one of those creepy, slightly dark sided robust laughters(hahahah)! yes and if you pictured it correctly I was stirring the pot at the same time - really I was!!!

so here it goes......

If you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you were being deceived, would you want that deception exposed so that you could live a more victorious life in Jesus?

Well guess what YOU ARE - WE ARE and the sooner we go to bended knee before the Author of Truth, the Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him, " what Lord show me - turn over stones - remove the scales from my eyes, ears, mind, and heart" The sooner we begin to live in the blessing and promises of God more abundantly.

Here is a GIANT AHA!!!! moment as of late:
Honesty - I have always pretty much prided myself ( which should have been my first clue) on being an honest person. Honest to a fault of giving many a very critical attitude towards me. I've always figured if people are gonna ask me then I have to tell the truth. I expect honesty in all my relationships and have lived according to the principle, 'where there is a lie - there is no God'. So you can imagine how I reacted when the Lord showed me that I am not a truthful person. When this conviction came to me it was very painful because God began to show me many times where my words were slightly slanted to either protect someone I was talking to because it would be uncomfortable in that moment, make things easier for myself, or just because I thought it sounded better my way. As I began to allow ( key part of this work) God to show me my lying tongue, I was so heavy hearted. Physical anguish to my heart broke me to tears and some how in the repentance of this sin I began to feel a sense of healing and joy. To spare you as the reader from the details, although the details are what brings me such reward, I will edit this greatly. I know this is the work God is doing in me and my story will not necessarily be others. I have become to aware of my words. Daily I ask God to guide me in all I say. Now let's just be real here for a moment, those around me are most likely thinking I'm slightly touched, as my speech seems to be rather slow these days. It's pretty funny actually but what it is - is that I am so much more aware of what I am saying. I must say having people think I'm touched is pretty fun. ;0) - - I have become so much more aware of others and their words of untruthfulness. I just need to be very careful how I respond to this. Let's just say I have responded pretty badly at times and am aware that I have traded one sin for another. How like "the great deceiver" this is to do to us. I am hopeful that at the end of this refinement God will have changed me so to unrecognizable to my former lying self.

This is what I see and some are things God should me in myself.
* Do you say the things people want to hear to make yourself look better? to be liked?
*Do you not say the whole truth and therefore never giving the other person the opportunity to grow. All you do is enable them to stay stuck. You know what's funny / sad about that one is by not being honest with people they don't grow and then we sit around and get frustrated that they are not growing. How crazy backwards is that !
* even in fun not so anything conversations, do you add things or delete things to make the story more interesting.
* Do you say your spouse feels a certain way to bring validity to something when they have no knowledge of it at all - or even maybe it's another person and it's just that you want to make your point sound better so you use someone else of higher respects name.
* are you not honest because you're to embarassed to tell the truth

Feel free to add to the list. All I know is that I am so very thankful of reprove and the healing power that comes from repentance. I chose to write about this because it's freeing and sure I could keep this private however, I am more terrified of the enemy trying to find another way to trip me up by keeping it private. Expose it and it thwarts his work - AMEN for that.
So my orignal statement is still true - honesty is my main thing - I'm just so very thankful that now I am living a more pure of heart truth with that.

2 comments:

God's Girl said...

mmmmmm.... excellent!
Thanks for sharing my friend. I love the way God works in us and through us.

Love you,
xoxoxo
Julie

Dena said...

Again wow. Looks like we are going through some similar refining. The honesty thing is bearing on my world in a slightly different way but it's tied in there...... I'll be praying for His victory in you and PLEASE keep sharing. It is so edifying!