Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Words I wish I would have wrote

There is nothing I could write myself this day that would be better then this message. If you have ever been blessed to have seen the Spirit of God working through this man, you will be effected greatly by this message. If you have no idea who he is, well guess what you're still gonna be affected by this message. My only other words to you would be to check out his ministry. God is doing a powerful, cross doctrinal work of the Holy Spirit that is effecting thousands for the Kingdom of God.

Here's a message from Nick:

LIFE WITHOUT LIMBS- NICKS NOTE:

Recently, I went to a well-known Southern California theme park with some of my friends who were visiting from Australia. The ride we went on was a tour bus that took us around the park and in and out of some pretty spectacular attractions. Since we were the first to board, my friends and I saw every person who got on the same tour bus. Immediately, I noticed something about each person that I found pretty interesting. I was intrigued by the faces of the people getting on because every person showed a different emotion. I noticed that some faces had smiles from ear-to-ear with great anticipation and excitement, while others had a look of determination, actually pushing their way on to be sure they got the “best seat on the bus”. But honestly, it was seeing children laughing and clapping their hands in candid zeal and eagerness of the ride that really caught my attention and made me laugh the most. The pure delight these kids expressed just before going on a new ride was contagious to me. It made the ride seem so much more exhilarating to me! Later on as I reflected on this experience, I wondered how people, young and old can be in the same situation, like going on the same ride, yet to some it is an exhilarating and breath-taking adventure to be enjoyed, while to others it brings out a selfish determination that seems to ruin the moment for others, and even for themselves.
“Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.” Matthew 5:5I believe that our perception begins with our attitude – the attitude we harbor in our hearts. “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.” Jeremiah 17:9 We can get so caught up in the details of daily living and “fighting for our rights” that we forget to simply enjoy life and be thankful for God’s goodness. Everyday, we have a choice to either be angry at something, or be thankful for the experience of it. Our heart attitude will strongly influence our perception, which then determines the way we think, feel, act or react. Will you let God determine the attitude of your heart today? “Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.” Jeremiah 24:7 Remember, there is a purpose to every stretch of our earthly journey. Even in the midst of a bad time, I want to challenge you to simply thank God for who He is and what He has done (Psalm 123:3, 136:1). He is so worthy! Whatever life situations you are anticipating or experiencing, just know that all things must come to pass, but His mercies endure forever. So, get excited, hold on, and enjoy the ride!! “…for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.” Psalm 130:7 “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; His love endures forever!” 1 Chronicles 16:34
Nick Vujicic
http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/about-life-without-limbs.php

1 comment:

Julee Huy said...

I hate you sometimes. :) :)

I mean that in all love of course. I new when I saw this that it was what I needed to hear TODAY.

Sometimes you still feel how you feel even if you know it's totally wrong, ya know?

That makes me so frustrated., that I still feel those things that I should have overcome by now.

I suppose I will just have to choose. Choose to thank God and carry on, to enjoy the things He is doing, even when I just don't feel like it.