Friday, July 27, 2007

recovering from the VBS hangover

so it's been awhile since i've posted.....i like to call it the vbs hangover...... actually vbs was absolutely amazing....the Lord did so many awesome things: the kids - the workers - and 100% within me - .....i feel as if He really began a real taring down of me ( my flesh ) so that I might become more of HIM.... this in never a fun process and usually is meet with kicking and screaming....but this time there is something different happening within my heart and as difficult as this work is I am already thankful - so I say " thank you Jesus for loving me so much that you desire more of me" - it's that 'faithful in little / faithful in much ' principal. here's my take on that. yes there are some that God is requiring more of in service - they may hold down a position in ministry and our Lord requires more from them right were they are at - but than i started thinking - ' Jesus i have no more time to give at church - my time serving is much already ( of course i am abundantly blessed to have the honor of serving so much ) but i just do not see how i have anymore hours in my life to be at church serving - than it happened that still small voice of our Creator pouring His wisdom upon me - for some of us the "much" is more time privately with Jesus ( worshipping / studing His Word / prayer ) that is where the deeper harder work happens the digging down deeper into the hidden sins of our lives- the place where He takes a clay pot and turns it into porcelin. - so here i am making the decision to allow my Lord, the one who has my best interest at heart, the one who loves me more than anyone else loves me, the one who has a beautiful plan for me even more beautiful than the one i have been currently living, this Jesus who has invaded my life and redeemed and restored a broken useless piece of pottery - He is requiring more of me. so today i am saying that i am surrendered to this process - honestly knowing that daily i will want to take it back - daily beggin Jesus no - but this is i know He has never let me down - never never never!!!!! Faithful and true is MY GOD!!!
i suppose the more is also - at home tending my home - husband and son - i know that He will open my eyes to this if this is a part of the 'more'.

well i am off to a birthday party - looking forward to tomorrow when my husband comes home from washington - this was a hard tome for me with him gone - my mind was all over the place with worry - Jesus please bring him home to me safe and without compromise.

off to watch a lot of little screaming kids jump in jumpers - i bet you wish you could come ;0)

live your day seeking our Lord

No comments: