Friday, October 12, 2007

Solitude - soon.

there are times that i want solitude - like now i really have been wanting it now - Even my Jesus in Matthew 14 was seeking to go to a place of solitude - i just seem to be in this mind set right now and i was looking in the Word to seek the Lord for guidance because it seems like the more i desire solitude the more opportunities to minister to others comes up. So i was looking at Matthew 14 and realized some very sweet truths from our Jesus' life on solitude. let me set the scene: Jesus had just heard of John the baptist murder He was heartbroken - so he had went away to a secluded place by Himself. - when he got there he saw a large crowd of hurting people and healed their sick. - ....so i can see from our Lords life that yes there are times that i may seek solitude yet God will call me to minister to others even when I may be hurting myself......this i do know it does always lift my spirits and gives me something else to focus on - i suppose this is sort of like slapping "the pig monster" in the face - he desires me to go by myself and potentially even if i start out right in wanting solitude, when i'm hurting the enemy or upset he has a better chance at really getting me twisted up in my circumstances and feeding me lies and yet my Jesus has the victory He brings someone to me to minister the love of Jesus to and my spirits are lifted - .....later in Chapter 14 we see that Jesus did eventually get that time of solitude to pray this happened after the time of ministering to the people and eating ( the feeding with fish and loaves to 5,000 ) he sent the crowd and the disciples away and went to pray. - this is encouraging to me - solitude is coming for me it will just be once my Lord knows my heart is ready for such a time - it's sort of like this time right now for me is a time of purging out all the sadness, the frustration, the me me me focus - - -So it comes to this - solitude i seek but my Jesus calls me to be used for His glory right now when my heart is in a sweeter more receptive place of folding onto His heart then He will allow the solitude.
By the way - Keep chasing righteousness!!!!

No comments: