Monday, October 8, 2007

waiting with Jesus

sometimes when studying the Word of God it just doesn't come easy - as I have been reading Esther Chapter 1 for the past couple of weeks - I still had not really found anything in our 2nd set of verses for our Inductive study than this morning it came. Thank you Jesus!
here it is:

Esther 1:4-5 And he displayed the riches of his royal glory and the splendor of his great majesty for many days, 180 days. When these days were completed, the king gave a banquet lasting seven days for all the people who were present at the citadel in Susa, from the greatest to the least, in the court of the garden of the king's palace.

Application: Even in such a pagan place God is there watching setting things up for His glory – We know this because we know the whole story of Esther. We need to remember that in our circumstances that God sees the whole story, yes there is a complete story. Remember He is faithful to complete what He started. We need to be mindful that even in the most crazy of our circumstances that seem so of enemy and not of our God we need to trust the Hand who is allowing it. Every thorn has been placed in our life by love. If we believe that God is sovereign then we must conclude that He has allowed everything in our lives and we know that God is love and He can never depart from that so my perspective our perspective needs to be everything in our life is there by love. There is a little bit of exhaling in that thought. I know I've seen this perspective before I just think that my Jesus is really trying to drive this truth home to me
What are the areas in my life that is hard for me to think that it is there from love? I need to think about these things and see Gods hand in each area. I need to look up scripture to combat everything that is a struggle for me. Use the Word of God against the lies.
If we look at our Challenges and ask God what we could possibly be learning by it just maybe our perspective on the issue would change. I did this with 4 of my current biggest issues and although I am not vulnerable to put them out here in cyberspace I can assure you that I see God in everything. So today I can say pure of heart - Thank you Jesus for all that you have allowed in my life - may I walk in this truth and bring Glory to Your Holy Name.

No comments: