Monday, October 22, 2007

Surrounded by fire

so this morning is glum - gloom - whatever the word is......fires everywhere - these winds - this heat - this day will have many challenges. we woke to our fence down -basketball hoop destroyed all i know is i am so thankful that it wasn't worse. so on and on i could go about how bad everything is and trust me it is bad - california is burning - but then i am quickly reminded to keep praying - keep trusting - make wise choices - this to shall pass - and be incredibly grateful that my house is standing and my family is safe. i have some friends whose husbands are fighting these fires and i was thinking it must be so hard knowing they are in the thick of it then this thought came to me - yes they are but they are with the proper instructed attire and equipment they are prepared - so i had to ask myself am i prepared wearing the right equipment for my fire today - my battle - to fight against my enemy?

The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH,( may i keep what is truthful completely surrounding me - may i be truthful in everything i say and do - may my gut instinct be prompted from the Holy Spirit) and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,( may my heart be protected with His righteousness and may it penetrate my heart to keep me chasing His righteousness) 15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE;( may every step I take be in peace, God's will and as I step and there is no peace I will know that i have veered off His course and I will step back) 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith( may my measure of faith grow more muscle today as i trust the shield that protects me - the only thing that is getting through to me is because my God is allowing it and I trust Him - He places it there to refine me to turn dirt into clay - clay into porcelain - coal into diamond - sand into a pearl) with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, ( that covers my head - Jesus is my salvation and He is the head on my life and let this helmet cover my thought life - my words that i speak - the words that i hear) and the sword of the Spirit, ( my only weapon to battle any warfare - Your Word Lord is the answer to everything may I remember this very day that with everything ..."BUT GOD" - you are able Lord)which is the word of God. 18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,( Lord help me to remember to always be ready for battle fully clothes with Your Armor before fighting in Prayer for everyone - Your saints19 and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains ; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. Eph 6:10-20
May we all chose this day to pray - may we all chose this day to walk His walk - may we all chose this day to trust Him in everything.
Holy Loving Faithful Lord - please stop the wind - stop the fires - bring the rain - keep these fire fighters safe Lord please keep them safe - We are calling for miracles - Thy Will be Done - Amen

1 comment:

My Blessed Life said...

We are praying for all of you but I think the Lord would like you to go to Arizona for a few weeks to breath some fresh air and relax and get some Hannah & Josh time. Who nows Geoffrey might love Arizona. Come out and visit we will keep you all safe.