Thursday, August 14, 2008

back and forth to arizona

I just spent 5 days in Arizona to watch my kiddos while Tam and Bri headed to Colorado for their anniversary - 10 years wow it seems like yesterday - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ! - anyway, i had such an unexpected sweet time there in so many ways - i was blessed beyond blessed to do a worship workshop for the CM worship team - I pray my words and encouragement were nuggets from our Jesus and that it can be used to add to the foundation He is laying out there - what a great group of people - it felt like home to me - i love seeing the work of God in other places - who am i kiddin' i just plain love seeing the work of My God!!! - thank you Jesus for that fun time - catching up with friends was a treat - God is doing this great work out there and of course it comes at a cost DIEING TO SELF & SACRIFICE but what an encouragement it was for me - God would clearly show me the bigger picture and why the hard stuff and it blessed my socks off not only for them out there but for all that I am dealing with out here - PERSPECTIVE isn't that always it - if we could always just get our eyes off of the circumstances of how we feel going through something we would be able to see that we are living those amazing stories we read in His Word - I had some sweet encouragement on prayer while I was there as well - a few things that I have kept tight in prayer for a long long time and God chose to show me how He is working in it and answering it - GOSH that was one of those scream out loud HALLELUJAH moments - so of course I am encouraged to keep praying, IT WORKS! - my time with hannie and josh was great - they kept me going - kept me laughing - i even played - yes it's true, i played - someone must have been praying for that ;0) - they are growing up so fast - where does the time go - i really cut myself off from everything back home (except my boys of course) while i was gone - barely talked to anyone - it was unintentional but so needed without even realizing it - God really needed to get hold of my head and clear it up - thank you Jesus - - and speaking of my boys, good grief they partied the whole time i was gone - i don't think they ever slept - paintball in the middle of the night, golf a few hours later, back to paintballing and so on and so on - o and let me say buying stuff alot of stuff, i guess we won the lottery while i was gone - i'm waiting for my portion!!! nahh!! i got mine in arizona xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Dena said...

Hi there!! I just got your comment and I was so surprised - and pleased!! I have to know how you accidentally got on the blog! Please share! I am so curious!! And I spent some time on yours and I think you are right!! We have the same Master! :) Different ends of the country - it's a crazy world we live in!! Love the pictures of your puppy and your son on his electric guitar. Inspired me to take some of my own of our dog - and my husband on his guitar :) Thanks for stopping by! Hope to hear from you soon!

Dena

My Blessed Life said...

Thanks sis for taking care of my precious gifts from God. We had a great time and didn't have to worry about the kids just miss them alot. You were a hit out here I think some of them love you almost as much as I do. I hope to see you soon. I love and miss you. OH yes and kiss my boys for me and tell them I love them.

Ruth Ann said...

Hi Susan! I was excited to read that you had been perusing through my blog! Isn't technology great?? So exciting that we can connect as sisters in Christ even though we have never met face to face. I will be stopping by your blog as well! Hope to get to know you better soon.

God's Girl said...

It was so great to spend time with you while you were here! Thanks for doing such a great workshop for the kid's worship team. It was outstanding!!!

I love you my dear friend and I really miss our times together! God was so sweet to give us a little bit of catch up time! Thanks for sharing your heart with me.

xoxoxoxo