Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Empty Me

last night after 'k' group, we had our intersession prayer time~ this is always such a perfect ending to a great night~ and always lites the fire under me to continue praying for each of the ladies - few stay but it is always so rich and rewarding in ways that are hard to explain~ Lori had gotten this picture recently in seeking a desire for the greater working of the Holy Spirit~ a piece of PVC pipe and the Father has a pitcher of water(Holy Spirit) that He is pouring it into the pipe - there is this big sponge in the center of it that is soaking up the water, so on the other side of the sponge it is just dripping through, one little drop at a time~ you see the sponge is self and we have to be emptied of self before experiencing the complete work of the Holy Spirit~~~ during prayer time I layed there in this place of conviction and enlightenment all rolled into one~ you see we pray and ask God to do these big things and to empty us and use us and then when He does and the battle comes we start asking Him to take care of this horrible situation(trial) we ask people to pray for the injustice coming our way~ we go into panic mode in a way that is completely opposite of what we should be doing - -last night i realized that when we are asking God for the greater things of Him and then our lives seem to get turned upside down - - Praise Him, because this is Him doing what we have asked - until we are emptied of self we can not experience that over flowing power of the Holy Spirit in us. ALL of HIM and NON of ME!!!! - so I pray that I stop trying to get out of the hard things that come my way and realize that this is what it means to Empty Self - so my prayer request now changes to please pray that I would walk through my trials with humility and dieing to self because I so desire the greater work of Him

3 comments:

God's Girl said...

Isn't so much easier said than done? Sounds like you guys had an awesome night last night! God is so good!

I love you my friend!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

God's Girl said...

It was so great to spend time with you! I enjoyed catching up with you and just hanging out!

I love you so much and thank you again for all you did while you were here!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Susanz Place said...

it's a house boat yes it's a house boat ;0)

i'm so blessed to do what i got to do!

xoxoxo