Monday, August 18, 2008

back to school

So today was the first day back to school. For most of you Moms you rejoice at this time. Well, for me a homeschooling Mom not so much. It amazes me that even after 5 years of home schooling it's still not my cup of tea. I love the planning but the actual teaching , not really my thing. I suppose it sure doesn't help that Aaron really could care a less about learning. This in and of it's self is very painful for me. We all want our children' to be brilliant and to apply themselves. Well, that's not my son. I know it's in there, in him, I see it. We just haven't watched it gorw yet. I am thankful that he will do the work. He's just not really interested. Before you comment, yes I can see the pattern here between him and I, I'm no dummy. Well enough of what seems like the negative. The truth is I am so very thankful that I have this choice to school my son this way. I have amazing support. Most importantly I have the Lord telling me that for now this is His choice for Aaron. So this is what we do. I won't go into all the reason for that because trust me you really do not want to hear them. I'm being obedient to my Lord and thanking my husband for his support. Some days are good days and some not at all. But tonight in closing I pray that this will be the year that Aaron gets a spark for learning but no matter what this year entails I know who is in charge and in whom my trust is so guess what
I'M A WINNER!!!!!!

3 comments:

My Blessed Life said...

Go Aaron Go Aaron we are praying we are praying.

Julee Huy said...

Oh yeah, nothing like the first day of school to make you realize that planning is WAY more fuN! :)

Yeah, I'm a planner to. Right now I get to plan the fun stuff - Kindergarten. I was more than happy to pass 4th grade over to the teacher, it was SO not fun!

Anyway, we'll go with God and keep growing as we go!

God's Girl said...

You are a winner in my book and in God's book too!