Sunday, March 8, 2009

This will surrrrlly bring enemies my way - LOL

So it's no big secret that I am no fan of FACEBOOK. You see I think it's weird, self indulgent and well I just don't get it. My Sis knows how much I am grossed out by it. Yes that is the word I meant to say "grossed out", so she will often call me to read me people's 1 line comments on what they are currently doing. You see she does this to pester me to listen to me get all heated up. Yes I know it's a cruel thing but some how I play the game with her. You see many people that I love dearly do Facebook and want me to join. I did one day for a few hours only to be inundated with a ton of request. I wanted to join to see pictures of family out of state. Okay I quickly deleted that account. Bummer because I really would love to see all those pictures out there of family all over the United States. I don't have time to spend chatting with the people I want to let alone people that I really can't invest in. Here is my beef. " I'm sitting here watching my husband play with my baby" / "I'm going to bed" / "I'm going shopping with my wife" / "I'm getting ready to fold laundry" / " I'm working" ....okay you get the picture. I just don't get it. Ok yes I know that many of you do it and don't participate on that level but this girl just doesn't get get. It comes down to I really don't know how to be chit chatty. I love to have a real deep conversation. I suppose that's why many people don't care for me, because if we are going to talk well then we are really gonna talk. I need substance in conversations, it's how I'm wired......so let me tell you of my one Facebook Sweet experience so you will know that I am not completely a hater ;0) - so my son was at the hospital the other night (ER - 7 HOURS) I was texting my Sis and told her that I just wish I could have some coffee but I couldn't leave Aaron. She posted this on her Facebook ( which seems very strange to me - - however) a very dear sweet friend, Tracy Shales read it and came to the hospital with yes you guessed it coffee. Another GEM of a women Mary Dart texted me right away wanting to come sit with me at the hospital. These were a couple of the sweetest things anyone has ever done or wanted to do for me. So you may ask does this redeem Facebook in my eyes - NO WAY I'm just glad there are genuinely sweet people like Tracy and Mary that do. - - LOL!!!
One last Facebook dig - so what's with people that post all the time on Facebook with so many "friends" yet I'll see them at church and they are NEVER!!!! talking to anyone - is it just me or is that weird.

On a positive end - if just one person is ever saved into the Kingdom of Heaven through Facebook then okay fine I'm wrong. I will shout it from the mountain top.

10 comments:

Elissa Hill said...

Ha Ha! Yes Facebook is a Pain and it is Way to confusing...LOL...but I got sucked in somehow...Ha Ha! However, I purposfully don't use it that much. So I here ya Sister!

God's Girl said...

Oh you crack me up!!! I do see your points though. I don't really "play" on Facebook but I have to say it has been really neat getting in touch with some really long lost friends. My Disney friends keep posting really old pictures which has been fun to see (especially since I didn't have many). So I usually just have it as a pool of friend that find me (how? I don't know) and it's nice to know that I can get in touch with them.

I hear people are getting adicted to it especially now that it goes directly to cell phones. This new generation won't know how to socialize... because all they do is text and email. eeeeeek.

So, I see your point to a point. Ha!

Love you friend!

God's Girl said...

Hey is Aaron doing OK?

Susanz Place said...

those were fast responses - lol
girlz i know facebook has it's good points i just couldn'pass up the chance to post my point of view - seriously though i know you get what i'm saying
i wish i could see all the pictures too that's the part i like about it

and yes aaron is doing much better - he relaspses fast if he doesn't take it easy but he is on the good side of healing

Cameron Kovacs said...

Morning, Susan! Here's my two cents...Besides connecting with long ago friends, a "facebooker" (as well as those who blog...) feels free to express themselves in ways that maybe they don't feel comfortable doing in a face-to-face encounter. I don't blog (except in my own mind!) and I only check into Facebook occasionally. But it is fun to keep up with the lives of people you love and would not otherwise have the contact with (such as yourself!) So...Love ya Consider this a cyber Hug :) Andrea

tmshafer said...

I am one of the guilty parties :D But, I'm not a blogger so its 2nd best for me, I ditto the above comments, gotten in touch with lots of those I haven't seen or don't talk to on a normal basis, yes, its not a "deep" conversation but when your homeschooling 4 kids and working with your hubby I don't have time for "deep" daily :) Although, I have had some great chat sessions with friends too. So, there's my 2 cents worth. I do love reading your blog Susan so keep it up. One thing I really dislike, probably as much as you dislike FB, is the LOL thing, I'd rather see a smiley face :D Love ya!

My Blessed Life said...

Would you like me to call you and we can go over my facebook together? I will be posting pictures from my vacation. Keep posting you make me laugh. I love you.

Erica said...

Okay Simon Cowell.

In all seriousness though. I get it. I do. However....Facebook has been an incredible for connecting people, causes, and sending out mass info for those types of things. So while I get your points and I really LOATHE the new facebook I think it has some good points.

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh....
As you know I do not have a blog or my space but you are WELCOME to come visit my FACEBOOK anytime little sister.
I will be your friend and show you all my picture and I promise not to talk to you and let you know I am drinking tea or getting ready to take a bath. lol
Miss you so much
Hugs Laurie

Dena said...

I get it. I really do and I've found myself feeling the same way and more things have bothered me about than not. But it's been awesome to use it as a way to tell people about our church. In fact, my husband posts his status on Friday night about Iron City Church and one of his friends and his wife and daughters now come every week.... soooo... :) It has it's uses..... Hold fast to what you believe. If you feel that strongly, stick to it. I have to pull back from it and that just confirms what you said.....