Saturday, June 20, 2009

What do you have for me tonight Lord?

So I'm sitting here in the CM office killing some time and I got to thinking about tonight's service and I wonder what God has laid on Tony's heart to teach from the pulpit. Tony Huy is one of our Pastors actually he is our Youth pastor and every now and then we get the privilege to have him take Bob's pulpit for a Sat/Sun service. If you haven't ever heard Tony well you are missing out, go to our Churches website and pull something up of his to listen to.
Calvary Chapel East Anaheim
Trust me you won't be disappointed. Tony has this way of bringing Bible people to life and making you feel like you are there living it with them understanding who they were and why they made decisions that they did. Very gifted / very insightful / and every time he teaches I walk away with a huge nugget to chew on for sometime. So tonight I eagerly await to see what God deems necessary to speak to us through this man.
I always approach each service with a question at the top of my note pad. Usually seeking God on wisdom for something that I need answers and His guidance with. It's a fun way to listen to service, not to mention that it keeps me focused on me and not sitting there thinking that so and so should be listening to this message. I love that I pretty much always get some chuck of wisdom that takes me to either complete answer or it gives me a spring board to which direction I need to be seeking in. So all day I've been praying about a couple of things and asking God for wisdom so tonight that will be at the top of my note page.
I was going to write the questions here then I realized that someone could very easily misunderstand the questions so I'm opting out of full disclosure. I guess i should be thankful God laid that on my heart before I hit publish now.

one last thing......

keep chasing righteousness!!!!

2 comments:

Elissa Hill said...

I love when God gives us thoes little nuggets to chew! Thanks for sharing.

PS- (per your responce to my blog)Feel free to post away,: ) and yes I will totally get you a copy of the study guide, But it will probably be a few months out, I'm making a few last touches. : ) THANKS! : )

God's Girl said...

Awe... God is so good and faithful to speak to our hearts!

I love Tony as a Bible Teacher too.