Friday, February 11, 2011

Couch to 5K

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........... it has started. I'm pretty sure that i am going ro die!
Today is day 3 of week 1. Please Jesus let this be a sign that i just might actually do this thing.
Reader's Digest version:
exercise  - NO!!!! not allowed to be apart of my life. My line in the sand with the Lord. No No No Lord don't touch that rebellious part of my heart. I will give you anything else to buffet my body. I have taken every food allergy out - which has left me with a hand full of things I can eat - BTW thank you for how healthy I have become because of that. I will fast anytime you ask Lord. But exercise, it just can't be.
This is a common conversation I have with the Lord. We will use the word terrified to explain my heart towards exercise. Sure I know that my body will NOT lose weight without it, but it's just well alot of baggage in my head why I choose not to.
So here I am in the CM office and within a moment that Mary somehow cast this horrible spell on Susan C and I and we actually agree to train for a 5k in May. Now the part that is INSANE that makes me know that she 100% drugged us or cast a spell or something crazy of that nature is we both actually for that moment was excited, believing that shoot of course we can do this. WHAT IS THAT ABOUT???? my head was spinning thinking I can't back out  - Let no's be no's and your YES be YES! a principle I am trying to live by.
THEN..... I share with my son that I was going to do this and before I could walk away I'm asking him to join me. AND YES he is eager and bonding with me over this 5K nonsense. Now I have been praying so hard for our relationship as it is very challenged and here we are bonding over THIS!!!!!. So now this thing takes on a whole new life for me.
So fast forward to today  - day 3 of our 1st week of training. Aaron is a great motivator trainer for me. He is encouraging me moment by moment and something so tender is happening for both of us. It's crazy how it is taking this self denying thing in my life to bring about what i am daily on my knees about with my son. hhhhhmmmmmm yea I get it!
Lesson for the day  - what are you willing to die to for victory in the things you pray for?

BTW  - there are 16 people who are joining our team for this 5k. What in the world has been born???

well off for this run - if i never came back my parting words to you all are
Keep chasing righteousness!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! I know you can do it!!!! As I went on my run this morning I was wondering how you were doing. I am so happy that God is already blessing you with your bonding time with Aaron. Keep it up its only going to get better I promise :) As time goes on you will wonder why you didnt do it sooner.

Mary Z.

My Blessed Life said...

Watch what you pray for you just might get it. Praying for you and this time with Aaron. I love you lots.

God's Girl said...

All I can say is WOW!!!
It must be a God thing for sure. I understand. How exciting. I know the Lord will do some very cool things through this.

love you!
Julie