Saturday, November 22, 2008

under the glass bowl

So some of YOU asked what is that under the glass bowl. It's a killing monster - a lizard!
The picture is symbolic to me, although quit dumb to everyone else I'm sure. You see the day that I took that picture I actually captured that beast myself. To know me is to know that any time there is a monster in my house I toss a bowl on top of it so that my dear heroic husband will know that he must protect his families lives and destroy whatever might be under the bowls. Such bravery should be rewarded. O wait it is he gets me!!!!!!! Now one more thing I can not find a word in Webster's to describe how I feel about the dreaded monster known to others as the lizard. Just typing that word makes me have a little something come up in my mouth. Don't say gross, you wanted to know what was under the glass bowl................ This day i was in the middle of walking through a very difficult trial. I awoke, prayed God's armor on and put my feet to the ground. Walked through the dining room to see IT - there IT was under my table surely planning his attack of eating my head off. UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! I must have been on auto pilot because I went in the kitchen grabbed a large glass bowl. Not sure why I didn't use the big giant Tupperware bowls that i always use but anyway I stepped towards it - O YES I DID - You should have seen me the bravery was astounding. I came within about 1 foot of the killing machine and dropped the bowl on it. VICTORY - I"M A ROCK STAR !!!! I slayed the beast - ok at least trapped it. But he was now going down - death would surely be in the near future for this one once the Gladiator man of the house came home. Okay fine he may have only been 4 inches at best ( if Bobby measured him) but i will tell you he was 35 feet long and I trapped him. So the heroin went about her morning. Now the disturbing part of this is when you use a glass bowl, you have this high need to look at it. Brushing my teeth - wait go peak on the monster. Sitting outside doing my study - go check on the monster. making Aaron's protein shake - stop midway and check the lockness nelly. You get he picture I was obsessed with looking at this thing that i was terrified of. Then it hit me. why do I keep looking at the very thing that I'm terrified of. it can't get me. it can't get out of the bowl. I'm free from it. Why give it this power over me of obsessing about it and still being afraid - IT WILL NOT KILL ME. I was giving this thing way to much power over me. God is there He will never allow anything to come across my path that He hasn't put there and if I trust Him than what's up with this fear thing. I was now good to go tackle whatever God was surely going to bring across my path that day. ........i never got to see how the Gladiator got rid of that monster but he did and even in that it's pretty profound as to when we get the right perspective the thing of fear seems to just disappear.

YOU ASKED

6 comments:

God's Girl said...

Ohhhhh.... I was wondering what that was. I thought it was a mouse because that's exactly how I feel about mice. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk!!!!!!!!!

What a great picture of the enemy. Powerful. Really.

I pray that you can hold this object lesson close to your heart the next time the enemy tries to use fear on you. Think of that big glass prison!

I am praying for you. I miss you girl!!! Are you coming for Thanksgiving?

Unknown said...

You CRACK me up...I just love you to pieces! A profound story indeed!! I love how faithful our Lord is...He shows us what we need to see WHEN we need to see it.

Still laughing...you are too much!! :)

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you wouldn't like our baby California King snake we found in the hall last month? The kids decided we needed to keep him as a pet. :) No great analogies there, though.
Hannah

Susanz Place said...

hannah - HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND.

Susanz Place said...

no we are staying home - i was supposed to cook for the thompsons but plans have changed - anyway i'm heading out for Christmas i do believe - you and i should take a date

Anonymous said...

Ok...I laugh so hard I started to cry and then I started to snort...
The girls in the other office came running in to see if I was ok.
Boy did I need this today.
I remember when we all lived together and would come home to bowls and even cups at times on the floor.
You are so funny. Hey should I share about the time I sent Aaron home with a pocket full of rolly polly's and they started to climb out of his pocket on the way home.
There is nothing like fun memories.
I sure do love and miss you.
Hugs ~ Laurie