Monday, May 18, 2009

Crazy Love


So I'm not typically one to tell people about books that they need to read. Mainly because I know that most people struggle to read the Word of God and to put anything in it's place because I recommend it just really does not sit well with me. So this is me treading lightly on that fine line to tell you that you absolutely NEED to read, Crazy Love by Francis Chan. One thing I do believe though is after you read it you will so want to pick that Bible up and read it if for no other reason than you must know more about this perfect God that is Crazy in love with you.

This book is so fantastic. So much so that I have told Bobby that when I die if any one comes to my memorial service, he must pass out copies of this book. This is everything that is in my head that I just don't have the ability to eloquently get out of my mouth.
- Do you need a reminder of who our God is?
- Do you need to have a deeper understanding of His love towards you?
- Do you need to have complete clarity on what lukewarm is and what the Bible really says about it?
- Do you need a crazy intimate love affair with the creator of the Universe?
Well then you better run and get this book. it's an easy read, like sitting down with a great friend and talking about Jesus. But trust me you will find yourself slowing it down as to not ever wanting it to end.
Go get it
Hurry up
You will not be disappointed
This is where I have acquired my new catch phrase~
Overwhelmed by a relentless God

3 comments:

Julee Huy said...

It's hard to read because I have to stop and highlight every few seconds, but besides that it's a great book. I feel like I'm reading it too fast and not soaking it all it, but I think you said the same thing. :)

Elissa Hill said...

Ohh wow! I have a friend who was just asking questions on this very thing. I'm going to have to share this with her! Thanks for the post.

God's Girl said...

ooooo sounds great. I'm thinking that when my sweet girl goes to Kindergarten next year, that I will have some more quiet time and I can catch up on all my reading.

I love you Susan!

I miss you! Lots!

xoxoxo
Julie