Monday, May 18, 2009

A little knock upside the head

I found this in my Inbox this morning. Now I just had this very conversation with a dear friend last night about how easy it is to make things seem like we are really doing the right thing on the outside yet all along on the inside we are wrestling with God, having no peace, begging for our situation to change. The very thing that He has allowed so that we will come to that place of realising we have NO RIGHTS and all He wants from us, His beloved is complete surrender.
Anyway just found it interesting with a smile attached that this was in my InBox after that convo. I hope she reads this and gets that little knock upside the head like I did. ;0)

Wrestling with God
"I was tossing and turning all night, trying to figure out what to do about this illness in my family. Finally, I said, 'Lord, I don’t like this situation, but I trust You. I can’t handle it on my own.’ And then—peace."

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: That sounds like the biblical story of Jacob. He schemed and manipulated his way through every problem, until one night when he got alone with God.
In the stillness of the long night, Jacob wrestled for all he was worth. He refused to give up the struggle, until finally, exhausted, he realized he would never be able to control God.
His will was broken; his hip was out of joint; his name had been changed, and he was a new man.
Is there some circumstance you’re trying to manipulate or control? Maybe it’s time to get alone with God and surrender to His will.

1 comment:

Elissa Hill said...

Isn't that so true! Wo do try to manipulate God to do our bidding. And might I add, I've had my share of times. But praise God, he can see right through it, and then He knocks us upright onto the right path. Thanks for sharing. : )