Friday, May 22, 2009

he is Yours Lord

Exodus 13:2
2 "Consecrate to Me all the firstborn, whatever opens the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and beast; it is Mine."

Consecrate: to sacrifice – to consider something as belonging to God.
Of course I can’t read this without seeing the importance of giving Aaron over to Jesus once again. This is my ever present battle: I give him to God I take him back - over and over and over again.
How timely this is for me to have this reminder to really think about my son and All that is currently going on with him and to say, ‘Okay Lord He is yours and you have fearfully and wonderfully made this boy. He is Yours and You have a plan. Work in Aaron all that You deem important. Give me the strength to be obedient to Your wisdom in trials for Him. Give me the courage to surrender Him to You even when the times come that things look really messed up, help me to walk in the truth that he is Yours and You alone will save His soul. It is my job to raise Him without hypocrisy. To raise Him in the truth of who you are. Showing Him the joy of serving You. Showing him that everything is brought to You in Prayer. Showing Him that in Your Word is where faith grows, guidance is given, and knowledge with wisdom is shown. Showing Him a Holy Reverence for You a Holy God. It is not my job to make a Christian. It is Yours and Yours alone
So today this day I give Him back to you. Trusting that You my God are with him.

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

What a beautiful prayer for Aaron.
Praying that God shows Himself strong and faithful in his life.

Love you friend.

xoxox
Julie