Friday, May 29, 2009

Family Update

So how is the family?

Bobby:
Still working strong, praise the Lord for that. The recession is just beginning to touch his job, so like so many of you the future is uncertain. At least as far as his job is concerned. So each day I praise the Lord for another day of work and I try to be the best supporter / encourager to Bobby regardless of all the crazy hours he needs to work. Just thankful that our story is that he is still employed.
He is wrapping up this years Basketball league at church over the next couple of weeks. How he loves this season. Playing basketball and hanging with 80 plus guys at church each Friday from 6-11pm. Must say I love this season too as I get to be alone on these nights to do what I want. Which is normally NOTHING!!!! To sit in a room that is dim lighting, quiet for hours. AWWWEEE it is sweet. OOPS sorry this is about Bobby.
He is still serving in the same ministries as last update: Gospel Choir / Worship Team / Sports Ministry Leader / Children's Ministry whenever we have a need / Mr. availability to anyone who needs a helping hand. That's my man and one of the very reasons I so love and respect him so much. His genuine good heart that is blessed beyond measure to do whatever he can whenever he can is a real reflection of God's heart to Aaron and I. He sets the standard high in our home. This year for VBS he has once again taken a weeks vacation to come serve with me and run my sound system. He has acquired the name DJ Masta Bobby. If you saw him in action you would get it.
Paintball is still a passion of his that he shares with Aaron. These boys are out of control with this stuff. I have stayed true to my New Years resolution and I have chosen to see the good in all of it and rarely do I ever question any of it. Some day though I should head on out there to that paintball place and watch these boys play or fight or whatever it's called.
So Bobby he is good, running the race, trusting His God, fighting for his spiritual integrity each day as he battles the world, finding his rest and peace in a faithful Creator who already has it all figured out. Wholly devoted to his God, his family, and his serve to the Lord.

Aaron:
Days away from finishing up the 5th grade. Where in the world does time go. I look at this boy and barely recognize him except of course when he still comes to be held for a good 15 min. in the morning. O how I love that ssoooooooo much. He is 4'11'' and 91lbs. Basketball, paintball, skateboarding, and music is basically his only real passions right now. He loves to be at church all the time but this momma is not foolish I know it's more about the friends and not about the things of God. I just always have to remind myself that I can not make a christian that is Gods job. My job is to train him up in the ways I believe are right and the rest is up to him and God.
School continues to be such a big struggle for him. The learning challenges that appear to be a part of how God has created him is exhausting, frustrating and often very heartbreaking. We have some big decisions to make in regards to all of that and they need to be made soon. Daily I just have to remind myself that God does not make mistakes and that with each challenge we are ever given in life, like this one, it is there to build strength of character. Seeing that this only child lives a life of entitlement ( as most only children do) this little challenge of his just might be the key thing that God is using to build that strength of character.
Aaron is now wearing glasses for reading / school work. I have been trying to capture a picture to post so you can see how cute he is. He is currently in this I don't want my picture taken mode. I don't get it if I was that beautiful I would be beggin people to take my picture - just kiddin - sort of ;0)
Looking forward to summer these are his plans: basketball camp / VBS / dog beach ( did you hear that steph) / swimming at chads / hangin with friends / reading his new book that is 1000 pages. He doesn't know this but if he actually reads this over the summer he is getting a really big reward for that. Aaron is not a reader and seeing that over this school year he only accomplished ready 2 small novels with alot of pushing, this ought to be a giant accomplishment for him.
He got to go to Spirit West Coast last weekend and well that's pretty much Aaron's slice of heaven. All his fav Christian bands for 3 days. He was loving it. Thank you Traci and Steph for watching over my boy. Traci you are a gift and I am still so blessed that you were willing to take him. Thank you so much.
One last thing - he is trying out for a Jr. High football team. This is all very new to him. Football that is. These kids are obviously much bigger than him and well we will see what happens. I think it's great that he is trying so hard and even if he is intimidated by it he does not let it show. We should know next week if he makes it or not. ( there is a local Private Christin school that allows our home school group kids to participate in their sports program).
Geoffrey:
He's well a mess right now. Diggin holes has become his new fav past time. Waiting for 10:30pm to roll around to bark at the possum that walks across the fence (sure the neighbors love that). He is stinky, so in need of a bath. Today just might be the day as he has company coming from Arizona and I know he wants to look his best for HIS company.

Me:
same besides if you ever read this blog you basically know what's going on with me.

O wait let me just say I am so thankful this school year is done. Even thought i know taking the summer off school will make the fall absolutely miserable, I would much rather think that just maybe the Lord will rapture me up before that and I wont have to worry about that.
A girl can hope can't she!!!!!!!

always remember keep chasing righteousness!

2 comments:

Torie said...

You have a beautiful husband, son....& doggy! ; ) Ever After is one of my fav movies too & it looks like we have many of the same book likes. I love your quote "Keep chasing righteousness"

Love,
Torie

Katy said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!!! I truly appreciate it! :) I am a homeschooling mama as well! It's busy...but sooo worth it..isn't it? :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!