Sunday, June 29, 2008

to pick a topic

I have so many little things i want to share, i feel like I'm busting at the seems with little nuggets - I love when God's truths are pouring down......
okay this one I was studying this morning. I listened to this amazing teaching on 2 Kings 6. I took some notes and I did some digging in myself so I'll just share it as a whole.
2King6:1-7
Now the sons of the prophets said to Elisha, "Behold now, the place before you where we are living is too limited for us. 2 "Please let us go to the Jordan and each of us take from there a beam, and let us make a place there for ourselves where we may live." So he said, "Go." 3 Then one said, "Please be willing to go with your servants." And he answered , "I shall go." 4 So he went with them; and when they came to the Jordan, they cut down trees. 5 But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water; and he cried out and said, "Alas, my master! For it was borrowed." 6 Then the man of God said, "Where did it fall?" And when he showed him the place, he cut off a stick and threw it in there, and made the iron float. 7 He said, "Take it up for yourself." So he put out his hand and took it.

:Lots of little insights in:
Have you lost your cutting edge like the man in the story? Notice he was right in the middle of service, in God's will when he lost his cutting edge. This guy didn't blame anyone else for losing his ax head he knew it was his fault. If we blame others we will never be able to recover what we have lost. Notice that when he lost the ax head he stopped chopping. Duh! you might say but think about it, how often can we lose our ax head and continue working. We need to stop what we are doing and go back to where we lost it and recover our ax head (cutting edge). Be willing to ask someone that will be honest with you the hard questions like; is my life fruitful? am I growing? are you just going through the motions.
When this guy lost his edge he knew where to go " alas my master" - there should only be one place we go, to Jesus. He is the only one who can give us our edge back. In the old testament the prophet was the man of God and how they could talk to God. We are privilege to live in the time where we can go directly to the Lord ourselves. Notice they both had to go to the place where he lost the ax head. Just as we have to take Jesus with us to the place we lost ours. I love how when he took the prophet to the place there was a miracle that brought the ax head back. When we take Jesus to the place in our lives, He will do what seemed impossible because with Him all things are possible. Notice how the man still had to reach out and grab the axe head . Even when God does the impossible for us there is still an action for us to do. remember this is what faith is it is an action. It reminds me of when I was studying Esther and the King held our the scepter for her. She still needed to reach out and take it. We always have our part, let's not ever forget that. All this to say Have you lost your cutting edge? if so go back to when you lost it, take our Lord Jesus with you and allow Him to do what only He can do and be obedient to what He ask of you in the process.

sweet simple stuff! ;0)