Monday, June 9, 2008

Today is my 42nd Birthday! - actually i finished this list pretty fast so it's really not for 5 more hours exactly

In honor of the 42 years I have lived on this Earth - here are 42 things that make it all worth it.
1. Jesus is my Lord and He really really loves me
2. I'm married to Bobby and no one else got this amazing gem but me!!!!!
3. Aaron - my precious unexpected gift from God
4. Elohim - my Creator
5. my family - i love my family and miss them all so very much - i would break this down to individual statements about many of them, but then they would all be fighting as to who the favorites are - so as to not start world war 4 I'll say "family" ;0)
6. I get to be apart of the greatest ministry ever - we have the most fun serving God together. CCEA Children's Ministry
7. Adonai - my Lord and Master
8. my friends - I am blessed to have such faithful, genuine, loving friends - they say you can tell alot about a person by the company they keep - well i guess I'm sittin' pretty darn good! - oh yes and they are funny!!!
9. That I belong to a church that is committed to only teaching the pure Word of God, no matter how unpopular that can be. ( thank you Bob Kopeny) - CCEA http://www.cc-ea.org/
10. Jehovah-Jireh: my Provider
11. That God has allowed me to be apart of praying for big miracles and I get to watch Him do what only He can do. I BELIEVE IN MOUNTAIN MOVING MIRACLES!!!!!
12. That I get to be a stay at home mom and home school - even though most days I would rather poke myself with needles ;0) - i recognize it as a gift.
13. El-Shaddai: my God of Blessings
14. Geoffrey - he has brought so much joy to our family - who would have thunk it - (thanks steph)
15. Our home - we are blessed to be in this house
16. El-Elyon: the Most High God
17. That never does a day go by that I don't receive at least 1 phone call from a friend just because they love me. - that is rich!
18. I love the simplicity of my home life - very joyful and peaceful.
19. Jehovah-Shalom: the Peace of my Heart
20. I love walking through the halls at Church chatting with people and feeling that God is pleased. ( the greatest commandment is Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind - then love one another)
21. Jehovah-Rapha: God my Healer
22. I love waking up in the morning and drinking my 2 cups of coffee (actual 8) and spending time in the Word. That is my perfect happy place. Knowing Aaron is resting well. Bobby is in the shower singing praises to God, Geoffrey is laying at my feet. Life is good!!
23. Friends that love my son as their own - their care for Aaron over the years is gift.
24. Jehovah-Shammah: He will never leave me nor forsake me
25. "Super-Chica" - our late night crime solving on God's issues is a bit insanity but it's really pretty great. - we do solve the worlds problems - we are CRIMEFIGHTERS!!!!
26 _______________________ you fill in the blank
27. New friendships that are quickly growing deep roots - I can't wait to see what God is doing there.
28. My Mom - she chose to give me life - thank you Mom
29. Julian Charter Homeschooling - I never would have believed in a million years that I would not only be apart of a Charter School but then it would be such a rich blessing of God for our family - All I know is never say never - God has a way of taking you to those places, just so you remember who He is. Yet, another difficult lesson of putting Him in a box. Thank you Jesus for this way of schooling Aaron. http://www.juliancharterschool.org/
30. My job at church - this one is probably the most painful blessing - it's a constant source of humility and stretching but I see the growth in me because of it, therefore I am thankful for it.
31. Jehovah-Hoseenu: the Lord my Maker
32. Francis Chan - this man is truly anointed by God to teach truth - again the Lord taking me and my narrow perspective out of the box, to show me there are some really amazing Holy Spirit gifted Bible teachers out there and they're not even CC's Pastors. http://www.cornerstonesimi.com/
33. Margaret Ashmore - this is my favorite women's Bible teacher - now I'm really really really really really picky when it comes to Bible teachers and even more picky when it comes to women teachers - this one is the best - if you ever can get your hands on any of her stuff, be prepared to have your life changed radically for Christ. I have most all of her stuff, so feel free to ask me for copies. http://www.margaretashmore.com/
34. New Ministry - Abundant Life Home school Group - this one sure is taking me out of my comfort zone - but oh how thankful I am for the opportunity to grow and prayerfully be used by God in another way. - I'll be honest though this one is with alot of trepidation. However, I told my Lord that where He lead I would follow, so here I am treading on unknown waters. - o Lord please let it be a Jordan River into Cannan story - o gosh maybe not, i just remembered some of the really hard stuff about that journey.
35. that my life just might influence someone for Jesus. Matthew 5:16
36. Jehovah Rohi: the Lord my Shephard
37. Laughter - i love to laugh and i am surrounded by so many friends and family that get that about me and join right in.
38. For my hairstylist - but dang she's hard to book. - at least she doesn't make my hair green
39. Friends across the miles that enrich my life ssssssooooooo much. - you know who you are.
40. my Parents: each one of them , and there are many, each have played such a key role in who I am today. How blessed I have been to have them all.
41. music - i love listening to music - need a great cd? i'll make you one.

and last but not least
42. Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness

5 comments:

God's Girl said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend! Wow! How I love to read the wonderful 42 things on your list... I absolutely love that idea! Another reason to give thanks to God!

Did you get my gift I sent?

I pray that you have an awesome day!!!

Erica said...

Happy Happy Birthday! How did I forget we were close on date! ;)

My Blessed Life said...

Happy Birthday Sis. I pray God blesses you in a very special way today. I love and miss you so much.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday my precious friend! I love you!!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I love you SO much and count it a blessing to be your friend.