Monday, July 21, 2008

DUH!!!



I had one of the Duh moments this morning during my quiet time. I was actually just sitting and praying, praising Jesus for all the great things that He did during VBS. I was thinking about my week and my unexplainable ability to do what I did everyday. I went into VBS on Monday with only having a total of 5 hours (combined) of sleep for the 3 days prior. I was at the church working 9 to 12 hour days the 3 days prior. Then VBS hit, each day I was there from 5:30am until 4pm(earliest) 10PM (latest). We (Worship Team) did worship/ jump around crazy fun stuff with the kids for 1 hour 10 min each day ( We were also doing worker kid entertainment each day) 2 nights i never slept and the other 3 nights i got 2-4 hours. On Friday night our Friend's and Family Night, God allowed me to organize this amazing event. Lot's and lot's of work after a very long exhausting week - but so completely worth it! There is no reason why I should have been standing by that point. I hurt but I felt so full of life and excitement for what God was doing that I just kept moving. We ended the evening with EVERDAY!! a fast hype song. When we finished that song I could actually fell this sensation that I'm choosing to call, God lifting His hand from my Physical body. I was instantly unable to barely move. It was actually pretty funny (at least to see) but so very painful all rolled into one. I knew then my work was done. My Lord had carried me all week to do the work He called me to do. Now it was finished and I was so very finished! In my pain and exhaustion I was so thankful for who He is in my life and prayed that I would always live in this great truth. What He calls us to do no matter what the surrounding circumstances are He is faithful to give us what we need in the moment. The key is knowing what He has called us to and then trusting that He will make provisions each step of the way. We simply need to trust Him. So this morning as I was praying through this I was hit with the funny stick that DuH!! my word this year is ENDURE!!!! I love this lesson I'm learning and growing in. Don't get me wrong it is not easy but it's not supposed to be. ENDURE!!
Hebrews 5:4
And no one takes the honor to himself, but receives it when he is called by God, even as Aaron was.

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

What a week! Yay God!!!!