Sunday, July 20, 2008

new carpet



7 years ago when we moved into our church building, we all wrote on the sanctuary floor before the carpet was laid - today the carpet is being removed - there's little perks like this one that make being one of the last people to ever leave the building so worth it - as the men pulled the carpet up and I walked on that floor reading what so many of us wrote, it was emotional - it was an honor - i was so blessed to read the scriptures, to see the names of the people - i took many pictures, here are a few - it's hard to believe it's been 7 years - thank you Jesus for allowing me to be blessed in this beautiful way.

4 comments:

Sheri Nash said...

I totaly remember doing that. That must be cool to see that again.

Anonymous said...

You're too cute.
Here's my funny story about that...
Matt and I were newbies back then. So I didn't know too many Bible verses to pick from. The love passion was my favorite.
Matt was actually out of town when I wrote on the floor, and I called and asked him if he wanted me to write a verse down for him.
He said, "Put down Matthew 3:15".
I asked, "What's that?"
He said, "I don't know, just write down MATTHEW 3:15. Not the verse, just the Book and the numbers."
In case you're wondering... 3:15 is Matt's birthdate.
New Living translation of Matthew 3:15 reads:
But Jesus said, “It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires.[a]” So John agreed to baptize him.
That's why it says 3:15 after Matt's name.

Julee Huy said...

Man!I wanted to see it, I forgot to mention to Tony to tell me when they pulled up the carpet.

If only I could keep my brain working ALL the time and without Starbucks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.