Monday, July 28, 2008

looking at Psalms 1

PSALMS 1 - looking at this this morning and seeing some very difficult reproof -
1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!

what is the counsel of the wicked - well the simple answer is anything that is not completely based on the Word of God - OUCH!!! that's a tough one . How about talk shows - gosh sometimes they sound so good in what they are saying - i believe that is called tickling our ears: the Word of God has alot to say about that as well. Our flesh wants to listen to the counsel that works with our weaknesses but in reading this verse we can clearly see that it is WICKED. sure i could go on and on here but i think the word WICKED is well put.

Nor stands in the path of sinners: how close do we allow ourselves to get to the line of sinful things? if we want to be blessed then it's pretty clear we need to stay clear of that path of the things of sinners. Yes I know that everything is permissible but is everything beneficial? Will it stump my progress in looking like Jesus? What form of entertainment is lessening my resolve to righteousness?
these are all very tough questions that I'm throwing around in my mind asking myself. I think this is going to be a hard day for me meditating on this verse and allowing it to nourish my body soul and mind with everything that God has intended it to be for me today.


remember keep chasing righteousness!!!!

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

I got Psalm 1 at my very first CM Leader's retreat! It is so great! Thanks for sharing! Great stuff!!!!