Sunday, July 6, 2008

okay - i'm worried that my last post "I Suck" is the last thing that's been posted for the past few days. I'm better, well at least from all that stuff. Gosh that was a really hard day and it was a bit cathartic for me to be so raw here in blogsville. Even though some of the readers out there think it's completely out of line that I would post such a thing. ( I won't even comment on that ) Well fast forward to now - God is doing such a hard yet imperative work in my life right now. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that it's coming right before VBS. God has a way of really taking me to the end of myself each VBS year and forcing me, since apparently I just won't do it on my own, to rely completely on His strength in me. I could sit here and go on and on about how sad that I just can't learn this lesson and how pathetic that it is, but instead I'll just praise my Jesus for His faithfulness to care so much about the task that I need to do that He won't let any of me be apart of it. So Praise You Wonderful Faithful Jehovah-Shammah, You are Perfect and Your Ways are Perfect I surrender to this work that You are doing!



Aaahhhhh - VBS - I love VBS - (I actually started this blog last VBS year)

This years VBS Worship team consist of 12 members - WOW I remember the days when Julie and I were it, praying so hard that more would come. Well they sure have come and there are days I think what in the world have I gotten myself into ;0) We have 18 people currently involved in Children's worship. I'm just thankful that only 12 of us are doing VBS. I know it will be great though. God has given us such great music. Making choreography has been harder than normal though. I think I'm just getting to old. Maybe I'll get someone to video tape some of the worship during VBS and post it on God Tube. You all have to see 350 kids worshiping to Newsboys - Presence or MercyMe - So Long Self. It doesn't get much better than that. If you read this and you love my Jesus send up a prayer for me that I might remain in Him and be ablessing in all I do at VBS. Thanks


remember - Keep chasing righteousness!!!

2 comments:

God's Girl said...

Oh my goodness! You are in my prayers my friend! If I had the energy, I would love to do it with you... but, instead, I will be praying for you and the team!

I've grown mello in my old age!

Thanks for sharing...

Love you and Hugs to you XXXXXX

Susanz Place said...

Mello - that is my middle name - worship has become an outer body experience for me.
i miss the days of you and i. o yes and linda helping, she was before me - she was great - those were some fun fun times - sweet memeories - i still remember the first song i made up (but i can't remember what i made up yesterday)
it's such a reminder of God's vision for things, we get to see the small next step never having any idea all that He wants to do with something. Good lesson to remember that's for sure.
xoxoxo - please keep praying!