Monday, August 13, 2007

Faith - how is my measure of faith today?

Matthew 8:26
why are you fearful O ye of little faith

so i was reading last night in utmost for His highest - bottom line is that when the tough stuff comes our Creator the one who has never ever failed me the one who has an awesome perfect plan that He is allowing me to walk needs me to be the reliable one in the crisis - OUCH!!!!!! - how i wish i could stand firm on this and say, "of course Lord you can depend on me to do the right thing in this situation". - instead i have to admit that it did not come with out a few bumps in the road a few panic moments - oswald chamber says," we get to our wits end showing that we have not the slightest confidence in Him and His government for the world. - now of course i go to that denial state of saying, no way i would never say that to my Lord.....really????? - than why the moments of panic, why the frustration, why the worry or concern......dang will i ever get it right from the beginning of the trial?......i suppose the answer is no not if it's my trial because my trials are there to dig up the yuck stuff to expose my heart, my level of faith - i get it ....it's supposed to be this way......so that in and through it i become a little more stronger in my faith. it's that growing in faith thing.......

As believers in the Lord Jesus we are all given the same measure of faith.

Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

We see that our faith grows by being in the Word of God. So if we are not in the Word our faith in becoming flabby. Much like a body builder who exercises their muscles. They become strong and can with stand harder situations without faltering. We were all born with the same amount of muscles we can’t acquire more but we can strengthen and develop the ones we have.
As believers in the Lord Jesus we are all given the same measure of faith.

James 2:26
For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

We see that our faith and actions must line up. One can not live without the other. We can not talk about having faith and then fret over a situation. It just does not add up. Faith is active our faith should cause us to move forward trusting what our Lord has said.

Galations 5:6
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Our faith works by love.
anger / bitterness / and unforgivness will kill our faith. Our faith is dead if there is no love. There is no getting around this on....the Word of God is clear. I see that if I do not have forgiveness toward someone I am not tied to God I am tied to that person. ( gosh that's a visual that is a little repulsive) They have the power over me.

Romans 7:22
For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.

Faith is of the inward man ( heart / spirit) not the outward man ( our 5 senses) so this tells me that there are times that everything on the outside with our 5 sense may tell us one thing yet we need to trust the Holy Spirit in us and walk in that truth. We can not set our course on observations and feelings. We need the Word of God.

The physical man only believes from the physical senses. Faith is from our spirit our inward self.


1 Peter 1:7-8
so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory

1 Timothy 6:12
Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

alot of times we quit before the great revelation (answer) and blessings come. Trails always get the hottest right before the breakthrough. I think of Joseph and how between each place of promise was a wilderness which is always an opportunity to doubt and lose faith. My MOTTO....." DON'T QUIT" and "BUT GOD"
lastly
Hebrews 12:2
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Thess 3:10
Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith. this assures me of His sovereignty in my life that everything that comes my way is placed there by His hand. There is no faith without a relationship with Jesus. So my faith can surely be measured by my relationship with My risen Jesus. the more I know Him the more i trust Him and that comes by abiding in Him ( worship / studying His Word / prayer / fellowship) so i ask myself how am I doing in this area am i growing in faith?

will my Jesus Say of me today

O ye of little faith

No comments: